List of Licenses and Statutory Obligations
All of them might not be applicable to all the Hospitals:
Building Permit (from the Municipality).
No objection certificate from the Chief Fire Officer
Bio-medical Management and handling Rules, 1998.
Click link to see Rules,1998 : http://www.kerenvis.nic.in/legislation/Biomedical%20Waste%20_Management%20and%20Handling_%20Rules,%201998.pdf
No objection certificate under Pollution Control Act.
Click link : FAQ's - Maharashtra Pollution Control Board
Click for Biomedical Waste Management : http://mpcb.gov.in/biomedical/bmw.phpC
Click for Formate of Form : http://mpcb.gov.in/images/Combied-consent-form-New_1.pdf
Radiation Protection Certificate in respect of all X-ray, Cath lab and CT Scanners from BARC.
click for form
Click here for safety requirements
Atomic energy regularity body approvals.
Click here for Approval Form : http://www.aerb.gov.in/T/forms/regforms/radiography/forms/Enclosure-8.pdf
Click here for Consenting Process : http://www.aerb.gov.in/cgi-bin/consents/consents.asp#Type%20Approval
Click here for useful LINKS FOR INSTITUTIONS & ORGANISATIONS : http://www.aerb.gov.in/cgi-bin/hotlinks/ulinks.asp
7. Excise permit to store Spirit.
8. Income Tax PAN.
Click here for Infromation about PAN : http://www.incometaxindia.gov.in/pan/overview.asp
9. Permit to operate lifts under the Lifts and Escalators Act.
10. Narcotics and Psychotropic substances Act and License.
Click for ACT (Narcotics and psychotropic substances Act )
Click here for Indian Government Rules and Regulations : http://www.medindia.net/indian_health_act/narcotic-drugs-and-psychotropic-substances-act-1985-procedure.htm Indian
RelealthIndian Laws and Regulations Related to HealthIIndian
11. Sales Tax Registration Certificate.
12. Vehicle registration certificates for Ambulances.
13. Retail and Bulk drug license (Pharmacy).
14. Wireless operation certificate from Indian post and telegraphs. (If applicable).
15. Air (prevention and control of pollution) Act, 1981 and License.
Click here for Maharashtra Pollution Board's Link : http://mpcb.gov.in/citizenchart/images/pdf/Template3.pdf
16. Arms Act, 1950. (if guards have weapons).
17. Boillers Act, 1923.
18. Cable television networks Act, 1995.
19. central sales tax Act, 1956.
20. Consumer protection Act, 1986.
21. Contract Act, 1982.
Click here to see the Law
22. Copyright Act, 1982.
Click here for " copy right act "
23. Customs Act, 1962
24. Dentist regulations, 1976.
Click link tosee : http://220.127.116.11/intranet/eip/legislation/uploads/DENTISTS%20ACT%201948.pdf
25. Drugs and cosmetics Act, 1940.
Click link to see : http://cdsco.nic.in/html/Copy%20of%201.%20D&CAct121.pdf
26. Electricity Act, 1998.
27. Electricity rules, 1956.
28. Employees provident fund Act, 1952.
29. ESI Act, 1948.
30. Employment exchange Act, 1969.
31. Envirnment protection Act, 1986.
32. Equal remuneration act, 1976.
33. Explosives Act, 1884.
Click here : http://peso.gov.in/PDF/Explosive_%20Act_1884.pdf
34. Fatal accidents Act, 1855.
35. Gift tax Act, 1958.
36. Hire Purchase Act, 1972.
37. Income Tax Act. 1961.
38. Indian Lunacy Act, 1912.
39. Indian Medical Council Act and Code of Medical Ethics, 1956.
40. Indian Nursing Council Act, 1947.
41. Indian penal code, 1860.
42. Indian trade unions Act, 1926.
43. Industrial disputes Act, 1947.
44. Insecticides Act, 1968.
45. lepers Act.
46. Maternity benefit Act, 1961.
47. MTP act, 1971.
48. Minimum wages Act, 1948.
Click here for Minimum Wages InIndia : http://www.paycheck.in/main/officialminimumwages
49. National building code.
50. National holidays under shops Act.
Click her for Bombay shop and establishment Act 1948 :http://www.karmamgmt.com/act_bs.asp
51. Negotiable instruments Act, 1881.
Click here : http://chddistrictcourts.gov.in/THE%20NEGOTIABLE%20INSTRUMENTS%20ACT.pdf
Click here for Link : http://www.dateyvs.com/gener10.htm
Click here for another Link: http://www.indianlawcds.com/BANKING/NIA1881.htm
52. Payment of bonus Act, 1965.
53. Payment of gratuity Act, 1972.
54. Payment of wages Act, 1936.
55. Persons with disability Act, 1995.
56. Pharmacy Act, 1948.
57. PNDT Act, 1996.
58. Prevention of food adulteration Act, 1954.
59. Protection of human rights Act, 1993.
60. PPF Act, 1968.
61. Registration of births and deaths Act, 1969.
62. Sale of goods Act, 1930.
63. Tax deducted at source Act.
64. Sales tax Act.
Click here for CENTRAL SALES TAX ACT, 1956 : http://www.dvat.gov.in/dvatonline/docs/CST_Act_1956.pdf
Click here for Sales Tax Department Gov. Maharashtra Link : http://www.mahavat.gov.in/mahavat/index.jsp
65. SC and ST Act, 1989.
Click here : http://www.hrln.org/hrln/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=254:sc-a-st-prevention-of-atrocities-act-1989&catid=53:know-your-rights-&Itemid=92
66. license for the blood bank.
67. Companies Act, 1956.
68. Constitution of India.
Click here : http://lawmin.nic.in/coi/coiason29july08.pdf
69. Insurance Act, 1938.
Click here : http://gicouncil.in/TheInsuranceAct1938.pdf
70. Transplantation of human organs Act 1994 and license (If applicable).
71. Workers compensation Act, 1923.
72. Urban land Act, 1976.